Cotton Best Management Practice
myBMP is a FREE, industry-led series of training modules that allows you to evaluate your business and develop a plan for improvement.
The first myBMP program started in 1997 and was reviewed and updated a decade later. Supported by the Cotton Research Development Corporation and Cotton Australia, the program is based on current research, and input from growers, researchers and industry bodies. You can work through each self-assessment module on your own or in a relaxed workshop setting with other growers.
Why do myBMP?
Benefits to you:
- Fine tune your business performance through benchmarking individual practices against industry ‘best practice’.
- Identify opportunities and develop a plan to improve your business performance and natural resource condition.
- Access premium global markets, including the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI).
- Access leading industry information and expert support.
- Improve farm safety.
Benefits to the cotton industry:
- Sharing lessons, insights, developments and solutions to between landholders.
- Demonstrating leading practice and stewardship to supply chain, consumers, community and government.
- Helping Government and investors understand the value of the cotton industry on a statewide, catchment, sub-catchment or landtype basis.
- Building baseline data to help the myBMP program and associated government agencies better prioritise future investment in research, development and extension.