Weaner Management – Planning for Performance – Moura
What is ReproActive?
Developed by Australia’s leading vets, cattle specialists and rural business experts, ReproActive is a specialised, interactive workshop series designed to help maximise the reproductive & productive potential of herds. Each module will provide a wealth of knowledge to producers, resellers & veterinarians.
Weaning is one of the most crucial management interventions in a beef operation, regardless of season. Please join the team from Moura Veterinary Clinic, Australian Livestock Production Services, Meat & Livestock Australia & Zoetis Australia as we present this ReproActive workshop.
This workshop is beef production focused, highly-practical & interactive with modules covering:
- The significance & assessment of Critical Mating Weights
- The implications of Condition Scoring & the best corrective action to take
- The importance of early Weaning Management for long term productivity, improved disease prevention & the achievement of mating &/or market weight targets
- Cost effective & practical feeding strategies to maintain Production & Growth Rates of young stock
Leaving you equipped with the knowledge to better understand & improve your:
Weaning processes & protocols, in turn driving efficiency
- Management of nutritional demands & disease risks in weaners and yearlings to ensure young stock meet growth targets in challenging seasonal conditions
- Heifer growth targets
- Ability to effectively respond to challenging situations, & ultimately enhance the,
- Productivity & profitability of your herd
- Beef industry outlook 2020 (MLA) – where are we situated & what are we expecting?
- Wean early – implementing & managing early weaning to drive efficiency & production
- Feeding Weaners – meeting the needs of growing stock & the ramifications for productivity, fertility & meat quality
- A ‘hands on’ demonstration of Condition Scoring & it’s use as a decision making tool in your enterprise
- Bovine Respiratory Disease in young cattle – Why it is important, why it happens & how it can be managed
- The importance of Critical Mating Weights in laying the foundations for lifelong heifer reproductive productivity
Workshop Support & Contacts
Doors will open at 8:00am for a 8:30am start. Please aim to arrive at 8:00am.
Registration is essential to ensure we have adequate catering & workshop materials on hand for all participants. Morning tea & lunch will be provided, courtesy of Zoetis. For any queries regarding the event or issues with registration please contact:
- Adam Hayes (Moura Vet Clinic) – (07) 4157 3991, email@example.com
- Leon Buchanan (Zoetis) – 0418 492 289, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat O’Neill (Zoetis) – 0409 718 587, email@example.com
This ReproActive workshop is proudly supported by the below organisations, we would also like to extend a special thanks to our hosts at Burrawarra for hosting us & supplying cattle for the practical sessions.
Disclaimer: This event is not an FBA run event. FBA is unable to accept responsibility for the conduct of this event and any associated changes.