Behavioural Science Extension Training – Rockhampton
The Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is offering a special training event for extension professionals. The aim is to offer a unique approach to enhancing the practices of on-the-ground extension staff by providing a toolkit of new skills in behavioural science.
The training will focus on concepts such as –
- The science of human behaviour
- How to understand farmers’ motivations and barriers to adoption
- How to engage with a broader farmer base
- Techniques for communicating more effectively with farmers
- Strategies for managing resistance
- Techniques for measuring and validating your effectiveness as an extension professional
We’ve set a maximum of 12 people to ensure the session remains interactive and well paced throughout the day. The event will be fully catered.
As part of our training, we like to provide our attendees with pre and post support. We’d love to get in contact with you before the workshop to get to know you and your experience working in extension to ensure we tailor our content as much as possible to the people in the room. As a follow-up to the workshop, we’ll check-in to see how you’re going with applying learnings in the field.