Work at FBA
FBA is a generous employer that values work-life balance and safety. Although we have no current vacancies at this time, we are always on the look out for new talent. Feel free to submit your resume for our future consideration should a vacancy arise.
Current Vacancies...Sorry, there are no current vacancies. Please check back later.
Information for applicants
Our recruitment process is streamlined to achieve an outcome as quickly as possible; we will not waste your time. We involve a small group of interviewers that are empowered to reach a decision in a timely fashion. Please read the information in this section carefully before applying or contacting us about a career at FBA.
What we expect from you
All we ask from you in applying is an application letter, and your resume. Both documents should be concise, and written in a clear way. Focus on your strengths and how they apply to the job. Remember to:
- Read the position description
- Provide a brief application letter
- Provided a succinct resume
- Include at least two referee contacts (from within the last 2 years)
- Ensure your application reaches us by the due date
Why is there no selection criteria?
We may include selection criteria in our Position Description but we do not require written responses in your application. The selection criteria is used to establish questions for interview. We do it this way to make it quicker and easier for you to apply.
Ensure your application letter outlines what sets you apart from other candidates and why you want to work with us. Customise your resume to include relevant training, work experience and achievements that support your suitability for the role at FBA.
What you can expect from us
- A written acknowledgement of your application
- Short-listed applicants invited to an interview
- Referees of preferred applicants contacted after the interview
- Preferred applicant offered the position by phone
- Interviewed applicants advised of decision by phone
- All applicants advised in writing when process is finalised
How you can impress us
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the role – make sure you re-read the Position Description
- Give practical examples showcasing your skills and strengths
- Demonstrate your knowledge of FBA – have you looked around our website, or followed us on Facebook and Twitter?
Employment conditions at FBA
FBA is a generous employer that values work-life balance and safety.
As well normal leave entitlements, FBA provides leave for new fathers and mothers beyond government arrangements. We provide incentives to increase your superannuation contribution and we will assist you to get advice on salary sacrificing.
In addition to four weeks annual leave, staff get a bonus three days off when our office shuts over the Christmas/New Year period.
Depending on the needs of your role, you can negotiate work arrangements that better suit your lifestyle or family needs.
This could include flexible hours of work including a four-day working week option. When staff are required to work beyond normal working hours, this can be taken as time off in lieu, in negotiation with your supervisor.
Health and safety focus
There is a health and safety committee, and staff are supported to obtain first aid qualifications. Other initiatives include an out of office log-in service, personal GPS devices, and vehicle maintenance schedule to ensure the safety of staff travelling in isolated areas.
FBA also offers staff a free yearly flu vaccination and other activities designed to support well-being including an Employee Assistance program.
Every staff member is encouraged to undertake professional development and has access to a training budget equivalent to 4% of their base salary.
FBA also provides training considered essential for people to do their job, such as four-wheel drive training for field staff or management training for supervisors.