Top tips for grant writers
Posted on April 15th, 2019
We recently held a series of free grant writing workshops to help local landholders and community group members create stronger grant applications.
The workshops attracted over 50 attendees and were conducted by grant writing expert Prue Saxby, from Managing Director of Indigo Gold Pty Ltd. Prue’s company assists community groups, NFPs, Government and the education sector with business writing and project facilitation. Over the day, participants gained many skills to help them create strong applications faster.
The top five takeaways from the session were –
- Learning about all available grants (i.e.Fed/State/Local Govt, Corporate, Philanthropic)
- How to match available grants to your organisation and project
- The step-by-step process for writing a successful grant application
- Exploring a real-life example of a successful local community grant application
- How to simplify the grant writing process and collaborate with other stakeholders
If you missed the event don’t worry, we have Prue’s top four successful grant writing tips in the video below.