Soils and Nutrition Masterclass with David Hall
Are you making the most of your soil’s production attributes?
Do you want to understand your soil better to improve production and enhance plant health?
Then join us! Take 2 days out to spend time with the best of the best; experienced, independent agronomist and soil chemistry expert, David Hall. Brought to you by state peak industry body Growcom with the support of Fitzroy Basin Association, this intensive masterclass will leave you feeling confident in knowing what your soil properties are and what it needs for you to improve production.
Topics to be covered include;
• soil form – properties & function
• nutrition – function of elements, syptoms, sources (synthetics, organics, alternatives), application types (pros, cons)
• biology – types, function, relationships & testing for soil biology
• soil carbon & organic matter – using biochar, humic & fulvic acids
• diseases – soil borne, leafe borne, signs & symptoms
• soil – water – plant relationships
• practical, in-field tests to assist you in understanding your soil • use of Hort360 – an industry best management practice program designed to increase your certainty in managing soil, water and crops while achieving good financial returns.
This event will include a half-day field component out at Fullers, and a delicious BBQ dinner on Friday 30 October for all participants and their families. The BBQ dinner will feature guest presenters by industry stakeholders working in disaster recovery.