Satellite Assisted Forage Budgeting – Online Event
Take control of your seasonal stocking rates
- Predict seasonal carrying capacity
- Forecast feed deficits months ahead
- Monitor changes in groundcover and pasture yield using satellite imagery.
Central Highlands Regional Resources Use Planning Cooperative Limited (CHRRUP), EcoRich Grazing, Cibo Labs and MLA are excited to be bring you a webinar on Satellite Assisted Forage Budgeting.
The interactive webinar will provide livestock producers with an introduction to new tools and approaches to forage budgeting aimed at saving time, improved decision making and more sustainable grazing management.
By participating in the Satellite Assisted Forage Budgeting Webinar, participants will get an introduction to:
- skills to reliably estimate and record pasture yields
- how to combine paddock observations with satellite imagery to get precise paddock-scale feed estimates
- the process of how to develop paddock-scale forage budgets and assess how many livestock can be safely carried each season
- skills for using satellite imagery for assessing groundcover and new pasture growth.
The webinar provides an introduction to a hands training package being offered through MLA’s Profitable Grazing Systems Program.
We’re looking forward to lots of questions.
Disclaimer: This event is not an FBA run event. FBA is unable to accept responsibility for the conduct of this event and any associated changes.