Dry Season Management Workshop – Dysart
This workshop will help you to manage your pasture and supplement through the dry season.
Topics covered include:
• Practical cattle nutrition
• Cattle nutritional requirements
• Reading supplement labels
• Understanding supplement ingredients
• Cost analysis of supplements
• Feeding management
• Animal welfare during the dry season
Experienced presenters from DAF:
Mick Sullivan (DAF) Mick is a Beef Extension Officer with extensive experience in beef cattle breeding and genetics, nutrition, grazing management and beef business analysis.
Kylie Hopkins (DAF) Kylie is a Beef Extension Officer with a broad knowledge of grazing land management and pasture and forage production systems.
Cindy McNaught (DAF) Cindy is a Beef Extension Officer with experience in livestock biosecurity systems and animal welfare.
We will supply:
– Supplement assessments
– Lick intake calculator
– Workshop notes
Please bring labels and information on lick products you are currently feeding:
– Specs for protein, energy and phosphorus
– Cost per tonne including freight
– Class of cattle being fed
– How much lick cattle are eating
Due to COVID-19 management plans, places at this event are limited.
RSVP Wednesday 5th August
When – Wednesday, 12 August | 9:30am – 1:30pm
Where – Dysart Civic Centre
Cost – Free
Dysart Civic Centre
Disclaimer: This event is not an FBA run event. FBA is unable to accept responsibility for the conduct of this event and any associated changes.