FBA brings Joel Salatin to CQ in April
Posted on February 19th, 2018
Fitzroy Basin Association Inc. (FBA) is thrilled to be the exclusive host of internationally renowned regenerative farmer, Joel Salatin, in April for a series of two-day events in Rockhampton and Emerald.
Salatin, a household name in agriculture, operates Polyface Farm, a renowned multi-species, multi-pasture grass based enterprise in Virginia, USA.
Termed ‘beyond organic’, Polyfaces Farm boasts an operation so environmentally friendly and productive, it claims to mitigate global warming while averaging 400 cow days per acre.
“So often we have this notion that in order to be economic and profitable, you have to sacrifice the environment,” says Salatin.
“If every farmer in the US would practice this system rather than a grain based, annual based, tillage system, in fewer than 10 years we would sequester all the carbon that’s been emitted since the beginning of the industrial age”.
Salatin’s mission is to develop emotionally, economically, environmentally enhancing agricultural enterprises and facilitate their duplication throughout the world.
Over a two-day event in Rockhampton and a two-day event in Emerald, Salatin will host an exclusive masterclass examining his personal how-to of profitable, regenerative farming.
“Most conventional farmers aren’t excited about their farms,” he said.
“They’re complaining about price, they’re complaining about weather, about no profit, long hours, disease, it’s as if they are doing battle with nature.”
Salatin’s techniques are the focus of a multitude of documentaries and books, with his principles having established their own community of followers, interns, employees and converts.
“Stewardship of the land is one of the highest callings that you can answer,” he said.
“All that passion, all that love, all that care and respect comes out in a really superior product.”
To learn more about the distinctive Polyface philosophy, head to www.polyfacefarms.com
To book tickets for this exclusive FBA event – head to:
We look forward to seeing you in April!
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over except employees of Fitzroy Basin Association Inc.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing date for entry will be March 4 at 11:59pm After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The prize is as follows: One free general admission ticket to your choice of a Rockhampton or Emerald Joel salatin event organised by FBA. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen on March 5 with the winner notified via Facebook
- The winner consents, as part of entry, to be filmed by FBA on two separate occasions approximately 6 months apart with the intention of documenting any applicable behaviour or attitudinal changes
- If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.