From the team at Fitzroy Basin Association’s FLOW Visitor’s Centre comes two books celebrating our unique Central Queensland treasures with funny and clever story lines, complimented by beautiful illustrations on every page:
- “Dadhim the slightly different-looking dolphin,” the latest book celebrating the threatened Australian Snubfin Dolphin, which lives in the waters of the Fitzroy Delta, and
- “Oh Dear, That’s My Rear,” a book about our local bum-breathing Fitzroy River Turtle.
The first tells the story of Dadhim, the different looking dolphin which lives in the murkier waters of river mouths, rather than in open water. “Oh Dear, That’s My Rear” follows Rheo, a Fitzroy River Turtle (Rheodytes leukops) or ‘bum breathing turtle’ who lives in the the Fitzroy River catchment (the only place in the world where you will find this threatened species).
Available for just $16 each. These hardcover books are a perfect gift for the children in your life.
Please note: “Dadhim, the slightly different looking dolphin” is at most of our stockists – please let us know if you wish to purchase our new book and they don’t have it available!
- FLOW Visitors Centre, Corner of East and Denham Streets, Rockhampton (open between 10am-4pm, Tues-Fri)**
- Capricornia Catchments, 14 Wandal Road, Rockhampton
- CQUni Book Shop, CQUniversity, Building 35, Bruce Highway, Rockhampton**
- Capricorn Educational Resources, 52 Alexandra Street, North Rockhampton**
- The Botanical Gardens Tea Rooms, Botanical Gardens, Rockhampton
- Rockhampton Art Gallery, 62 Victoria Parade, Rockhampton
- Yellow Door Bookstore, Queen Street, Yeppoon
- Capricorn Enterprise Visitor Information Centre, Ross Creek Roundabout, Scenic Hwy, Yeppoon
- Capricorn Caves, 30 Olsens Caves Road, The Caves
- CHRRUP, Level 1/ 13 Borilla Street, Emerald
- Dawson Catchment Coordinating Association (DCCA), 64 The Boulevard, Theodore
- Conservation Volunteers Australia, 11/120 Goondoon Street, Gladstone
Teachers take note! A literacy pack is available for both books at selected retailers (marked with **). The pack includes 6 copies of the book, 2 sets of curriculum-based activity cards designed to be suitable for grades 3-10 studying topics such as: endangered animals; human impacts on habitats; local area study; features of animals.
Packs: “Oh Dear, That’s My Rear” is $85 and “Dadhim the slightly different-looking Dolphin” is $98.