Posted on April 8th, 2021
Ever wanted to start your own journey into regenerative agriculture but are a bit overwhelmed about where to start.
If you are grazing and / or cropping farmer interested in speeding up positive change in land condition, then biodynamic methods is something you should get your teeth into.
Your presenter is deputy chairman of Biodynamics Australia Shane Joyce, well-known local in central Queensland. Shane has been there and done that and is now available to share his knowledge and experience about all things to do with managing soils back to best possible condition.
Shane has a doable approach to biodynamics having run his own regenerative biodynamic property since 2001 which is encapsulated in his quote that, “biodynamics only cost you time.”
Specifically, Shane will talk about
- Biodynamics methodology
- Applying the preparations and timing of application
- How biodynamics techniques can work into your business
- Financial benefits, high value product and a reduction in inputs
- Animal health benefits
Practical on the day
- Making a soil activator pit
- Making a biodynamic compost pile
- A biodynamic 500 horn burial
- Demonstration about how to mix and apply preparations.
And horn samples will be available for lucky participants to take home!
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL SO GET IN QUICK & RSVP TO CASEY SPENCER
WHERE: “Dukes Plains”, Theodore
WHEN: Sat 17 April | 9:00am – 4.00pm
BYO: Please bring a chair, hat, refillable water bottle and BYO lunch. Morning and afternoon tea are provided
RSVP: Casey Spencer, FBA Land Management Officer
PHONE: (07) 4999 2806 MOBILE: 0448 324 630