FBA is seeking proposals from training providers to gain pre-approval for FBA’s training subsidy program. There are two training objectives to this program: property planning and sediment control. A component of these programs is to assist landholders to attend training.
Courses that have pre-approved subsidy statuses will be advertised through FBA networks to landholders in the region. Landholders will then know, in advance, which courses they can seek re-imbursement from if they were to attend. Courses that are not on the pre-approved subsidy list will not be eligible for reimbursement through FBA.
Through funding received from the Australian Government, FBA is delivering a program to increase the number of landholders who have adopted sustainable land management practices that increase productivity and improve the quality of ecosystem services. This objective will be achieved by increasing the number of land managers who have improved their knowledge and skills in implementing sustainable land management practices and their knowledge of how these practices deliver ecosystem services.
This training component aims to increase landholder capacity to be better able to:
- Understand, develop and implement a property management plan
- Understand the advantages of improved ground cover management
- Implement management systems which ensure optimal pasture utilisation rates to improve land condition and ground cover
- Monitor ground cover and land condition
- Identify areas with chronic low ground cover, susceptible land types and gullies, and implement strategies which will reduce sediment loss from these areas
- Implement best management practices that improves productivity and sustainable land use
Assessment of proposals
Training providers must clearly demonstrate how their product/s meet the program’s objectives and will lead to practice change.
FBA will assess proposals on:
- how closely they match the training aims
- linkages to best practice principals as defined in the Grazing BMP modules
- value for money.
To be considered, training providers must complete an application form. Proponents may submit a proposal at any time and a decision on the success of applications will be made within 10 working days of submission. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application. Successful applications will remain valid until 30 June 2016, funding dependent.
For further information contact FBA on (07) 4999 2800.